Board of Governors James E. Holshouser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Services
The Board of Governors James E. Holshouser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Services was created in 2007 to encourage, identify, recognize and reward public service by faculty of the University of North Carolina system. The selection criteria for the Award includes:
- Faculty members of any of the 17 institutions of the University of North Carolina system are eligible.
- Sustained, distinguished, and superb achievement in university public service and outreach, and contributions to improving the quality of life of the citizens of North Carolina.
- The creativity and impact of a nominee’s achievements are of a magnitude that greatly exceeds the normal accomplishments of a productive faculty.
Required information for this award includes:
- Biographical Information and CV
- A Comprehensive Description of Public Service
For the BOG James E. Holshouser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Services, include the following information in the nomination:
- Nominee's name and department
- An explanation with some detail why this individual deserves the award for public service excellence
- Nominator's name and department
The nomination period typically begins in the early Fall semester. A notice will be distributed campus wide. Submit nominations for the Public Service award using the Nomination Form (DOC) - one nominee per form. Please read the above eligibility requirements before submitting a form.
Submit the completed nomination form may to the current subcommittee chair. For 2016-2017, contact:
BOG Public Service Award, Subcommittee Chair, Dr. Diana Moss College of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org , (828) 262-2177.
2016-2017 Deadline for nominations: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Content updated September 3, 2014